Entertaining outside just got easier with this simple, quick grilled pizza – a favourite of Epicure’s President and Founder, Sylvie Rochette.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup crème fraîche, or sour cream
1⁄2 lb (225 g) smoked salmon, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups baby spinach
- If using Basic Pizza Dough, lightly flour work surface and form dough into 2 — 10” pizza rounds. Loosely cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- For the sauce, mix together crème fraîche and Lemon Dilly Dip Mix. Set aside.
- Using a basting brush, lightly oil one side of the dough.
- Place oiled side down on grill. Grill with lid closed 3–5 minutes, or until grill marks appear on bottom. Alternatively, grill store-bought shells for about 30–45 seconds, until golden, with grill marks on bottom.
- Using Grip & Grab, remove crust from grill. Lightly oil uncooked side. Flip over and spread grilled side with sauce and an even layer of toppings.
- Return pizza to grill and grill another 1–3 minutes, until spinach begins to wilt. Slice into wedges and enjoy.