Mini Meatball Soup
Inspired by classic Italian Wedding soup—the perfect “marriage” of flavours. We’ve added lots of veggies to this hearty and nourishing soup.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup mixed greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing, your choice.
3 tbspMarinara Sauce MixorPizza Seasoning, divided
2 cups frozen diced carrots
1⁄2 cup uncooked orzo
4 cups hot water
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils
1⁄2 lb (225 g) ground chicken
4 cups baby kale or spinach
1⁄2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- Measure 1 tbsp seasoning; set aside.
- In Wok, add carrots, orzo, water, and remaining seasoning.
- Drain and rinse lentils, then add to wok. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, 8–10 min or until orzo is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine chicken and reserved seasoning. Form into mini meatballs, each about 1" thick.
- Arrange in a single layer in Multipurpose or Round Steamer. Cover and microwave on high, 2 min or until cooked. Add to soup, including any liquid in steamer.
- Stir in baby kale until wilted. Top with parmesan before serving.
Per serving: Calories 320, Fat 9 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g (Fibre 15 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 26 g.
Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta. Look for it in the pasta section of the grocery store.