Lemon Chicken Orzo
Love lemon and chicken? This recipe is creamy and comforting. A one-pot, Mediterranean-inspired dinner the whole family will love!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 small wholegrain bun.
1 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 pkgLemon Chicken Orzo Seasoning (Pack of 3) , divided
1 3⁄4 cups water
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup orzo
1⁄4 cup capers, drained
1 tbsp unsalted butter
4 cups baby spinach
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a Sauté Pan.
- Season chicken thighs with 1 tbsp of seasoning. Add chicken to preheated pan; brown 2 min per side.
- Whisk remaining seasoning with hot water.
- To pan, add reserved seasoning mixture, cherry tomatoes, orzo, capers, and butter. Stir to combine; bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover; cook 12 min or until orzo is tender.
- Increase heat and gradually stir in spinach until wilted and sauce thickens.
Per serving: Calories 340, Fat 15 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 26 g.
This dish will be very saucy right off the stove—the sauce will thicken as it sits.