Hamburger Steaks with Gravy
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup steamed veggies and 1 cup potatoes.
1 pkg Hearty Beef Stew Seasoning, divided
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 lbs (900 g) lean ground beef
1⁄2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp corn starch
- Measure out 5 tbsp seasoning into a bowl. Add water; stir to combine. Set aside to hydrate.
- In a separate bowl, crumble in beef and remaining seasoning, about 3 tbsp. Using your hands, mix to combine. Form into eight patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 4–5 min per side, or until cooked through. Cook in batches if you have a small pan. Once cooked, remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- In same pan (don’t wash) set over low heat, add reserved seasoning mixture. Bring to a simmer (this will happen quickly), scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk cold water and corn starch. Stirring constantly, add corn starch slurry to pan. Continue stirring frequently until thickened, 1 min.
- Pour gravy over patties before serving.
Per serving (1 hamburger steak and about 3 tbsp gravy): Calories 230, Fat 12 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 23 g.
This gravy loves to be paired with potatoes. Try mashed, boiled, or baked potato wedges.