Bang Bang-Style Tofu Power Bowl
2 pkgs (350 g each) extra firm tofu
1 tbspAsian Stir-Fry Seasoning
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp corn starch
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp sriracha, to taste
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 cups rice, cooked
8 cups greens
1 cucumber, chopped
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a Sheet Pan with a Sheet Pan Liner and place a Cooling Rack on top of the mat. Set aside.
- Remove tofu from the packages and drain. Cover with tea towel and press out any water. Cut tofu into bite-size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Top tofu with Asian Stir Fry Seasoning, soy sauce, olive oil, and corn starch; toss to combine. Place tofu on cooling rack and bake in oven for 15–20 min, turning halfway through.
- While the tofu is cooking, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove tofu from oven and add to sauce; toss to combine.
- Assemble each of 4 bowls with rice topped with tofu; arrange veggies on top of tofu. Top with green onion, if desired. Enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 530, Fat 23 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 25 g.
Freeze tofu ahead of time, then defrost and squeeze out liquid. This process gives tofu a chewier and more desirable texture.