Tropical Pineapple Turkey Meatballs
Take turkey to the tropics! Turkey is a lean meat, so it provides all the protein you need to fuel your day but has a lower fat content than ground beef. Sweet pineapple and tons of veggies round out this quick and easy steamer meal, so dinner is a breeze! Shake on Poke Bowl Topper Blend for a sodium-free salt replacer.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a balanced plate.
1 large sweet potato
1 small red onion
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground turkey
1 pkgTropical Pineapple Chicken Seasoning (Pack of 3)orSweet Garlic Chicken Seasoning (Pack of 3), divided
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pineapple chunks
2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
Toppings (optional): fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime juice
- Peel sweet potato and dice into small cubes. Peel and chop red onion. Place both in Round Steamer; stir in melted coconut oil. Cover and microwave on high for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine turkey with 1 tbsp seasoning. Form into 16 meatballs (about 2 scant tbsp each).
- Drain pineapple and discard liquid. Remove steamer from microwave and stir in remaining seasoning, pineapple, and frozen vegetables. Top with meatballs (it’s okay if they touch). Cover and microwave on high for 6 min.
- Remove steamer from microwave. Using Sauté Spoon, gently stir and spoon pan juices over meatballs. Cover and microwave on high for additional 2 min. Let sit 2 min before removing lid.
- Add additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 440, Fat 20 g (Saturated 11 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Fibre 7 g, Sugars 18 g), Protein 26 g.