Make your own Greek-inspired chicken flatbread – the shredded chicken is made in the microwave in minutes. Set out your favourite toppings and baked pita bread and let everyone assemble their own flatbread! An easy, fun themed meal everyone can enjoy.
Serve with 1 cup sliced vegetables.
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 breasts
4 pita breads (6")
1 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 English cucumber
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
12 pitted kalamata or black olives
1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes
1⁄4 small red onion
Toppings (optional): fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place chicken in Multipurpose Steamer; sprinkle with 1⁄2 tbsp seasoning. Cover; cook on high 7 min. Let rest 2 min then uncover. Using two forks, shred chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, place naan on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Brush naan with olive oil; sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 tbsp seasoning. Bake for 10 min, or until tops are golden-brown.
- To make sauce, coarsely grate cucumber. Wrap in a kitchen towel; squeeze out excess liquid. Place cucumber in a bowl; stir in yogurt and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop olives. Slice tomatoes in half. Thinly slice red onion.
- Spread sauce on pitas, top with chicken and veggies. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.