Pork & Chickpea Tostadas
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced vegetables, your choice.
1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp oil
1⁄2 lb (225 g) ground pork
1 pkgEnchilada Seasoning (Pack of 3) , divided
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) low sodium chickpeas
1 cup water
2 tbsp tomato paste
8 small tortilla shells (corn or flour), warmed
Toppings (optional): chopped red onions, sliced avocado
- Chop cilantro (including stems); add to a bowl. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from lime. Stir in yogurt. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry until cooked, about 3 min, breaking up large chunks as needed.
- While pork is cooking, drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry using a paper or kitchen towel. Add to pan; sprinkle with 1 tbsp seasoning. Reduce heat to medium. Stir occasionally and lightly mash chickpeas as they heat through, about 3 min.
- Meanwhile, in 4-Cup Prep Bowl, whisk together remaining seasoning, water, and tomato paste. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 min, or until thickened. Remove from microwave; whisk.
- Spread yogurt sauce over tortilla shells. Top with pork and chickpea mixture and additional toppings, if desired. Spoon enchilada sauce over top.
Per serving (2 tostadas): Calories 410, Fat 15 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g (Fibre 9 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 22 g.
To warm tortilla shells, stack up to four between damp paper towels. Microwave about 20 seconds. Or place in an ungreased fry pan over medium heat, about 15 seconds per side.
Make it vegetarian—omit the pork and use 2 cans (14 oz/398 ml each) drained and rinsed chickpeas.