1 lb (450 g) stewing beef, cubed
1 1⁄2 cups red wine
2 tbsp all-purpose or gluten-free flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1⁄2 - 1 cup beef broth
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely diced
2 large potatoes, coarsely diced
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
8 oz (227 g) whole button mushrooms, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together beef, Herb & Garlic Dip Mix, wine, and Beef & Steak Seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade and place in a bowl, reserving marinade. Sprinkle beef with flour, and stir to coat.
- Brush Wok or a frying pan with oil, and brown meat over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in reserved marinade and Beef Broth.
- Bring to a boil, then transfer to a slow cooker, adding the carrots, potatoes, Salt and Pepper. Turn slow cooker to high, cover, and cook until beef is tender, approximately 1 1⁄2 hours. Add more Bouillon if needed. Stir in mushrooms, if using, for the last 15–20 minutes of cooking.
- Place stew in a serving bowl. Spoon 1⁄4 cup Paris Bistro Sauce over top and serve the rest on the side.