Instant Pot™ Pulled Pork
Sandwiched between a soft bun, piled on top of a baked potato or yam or even eaten on its own, pulled pork is the versatile big batch dish we crave year-round.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 small bun or 1 tortilla and 2 cups mixed veggies.
1 cup ketchup
1⁄2 cup vinegar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup water
5 lbs (2.5 kg) boneless pork shoulder or butt roast
- Add seasoning, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and water to an 8-quart programmable pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cut pork into 1 lb (450 g) chunks; add to pot. Turn to coat.
- Secure lid. Place steam release valve in SEALING position. Press MANUAL button, select HIGH, and set the time to 1 hr. This will take some time to get up to temperature before the timer starts to count down.
- When the cook time has finished, naturally release pressure for 10 min.
- Using a long-handled spoon, push the steam release valve to VENTING position. Release pressure completely before opening lid.
- Remove pork from pot. Using two forks, pull pork into shreds.
- Press SAUTÉ and let sauce simmer. Add shredded pork back to sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, 15 min, or until sauce has reduced to your liking.
Per serving (1/2 cup): Calories 180, Fat 5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 26 g.