Beef and grain are the staples of our heartland. Adding oats to your burger helps stretch that grocery dollar, acts as a binder to help hold ingredients together when cooking and lends a softer texture.
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing.
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) lean ground beef
1⁄4 cup rolled oats
1⁄4 cup steak sauce
1 tbsp Burger Seasoning
6 burger buns
Toppings (optional): bacon strips, grilled red onion rings, sliced tomato, leafy greens, pickles, extra sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- With water-moistened hands, form mixture into 6 patties, each about 1” thick, or prepare burgers using 3-in-1 Burger Press.
- Grill patties, with lid closed, 4–5 min per side, or until cooked through.
- Tuck patties into buns and add toppings, if desired.