Crispy Shrimp with Coleslaw
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup rice.
1 lb (450 g) raw, peeled shrimp, tail on
2 tbsp mayonnaise or 2% plain Greek yogurt
1⁄2 small head purple cabbage
1 cup matchstick carrots
1⁄2 cup unsalted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp each apple cider vinegar and maple syrup
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place two Cooling Racks on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner; lightly brush racks with oil to prevent sticking.
- Using a paper towel, pat shrimp dry. In large bowl, add shrimp and mayo; toss to coat.
- Place coating mix in shallow dish. Using tongs or your hands, add shrimp one piece at a time, rotating the dish and pressing the mix lightly to coat the shrimp.
- Place shrimp on racks, leaving some space between each piece. Bake 8 min, or until golden and cooked through. Let rest on racks 2 min before removing.
- Meanwhile, using 4-in-1 Mandoline fitted with 1.5 mm slicer plate, thinly slice cabbage; you should have about 5 cups. In large bowl, add cabbage, carrots, seeds, oil, vinegar, and maple syrup. Toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve alongside shrimp.
Per serving: Calories 360, Fat 19 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 170 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 25 g.
For an extra crispy coating, spray coated shrimp with oil before baking. Do not spray over Sheet Pan Liner.