Prep this delicious taco filling in 5 min – you only need two ingredients! Then, set it and forget it for hearty tacos. Make it a party and have everyone pick out their own toppings, we’re talking Guacamole, Poco Picante Salsa, Chipotle Aioli, pickled onions, queso fresco, and cilantro. This meal will give everyone something to taco bout!
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies with 2 tbsp prepared Epicure Dip.
2 tbsp oil
2 lbs (900 g) beef roast, such as chuck or blade
1 cup water
16 taco shells
Toppings (optional): pickled red onions, cilantro, queso fresco
- Add oil to programmable pressure cooker; program to SAUTÉ. Cut roast into 3–4 smaller chunks and add to pressure cooker. Brown 2 min per side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk seasoning with water. Pour over beef.
- Place steam release valve in SEALING position. Select MANUAL, then select HIGH, and set the time to 45 min. It will take some time to reach the required temperature before the timer will start to count down. When the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 min.
- Using a long-handled spoon, push steam release valve to VENTING position. Release pressure completely before opening lid.
- Using two forks, shred beef into tender chunks. Spoon juice from pressure cooker pot over beef to moisten, as desired. Spoon filling into taco shells and add toppings, if desired.
SLOW COOKER: In a slow cooker, combine 1 1⁄2 cups water with seasoning. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Brown 3 lb (1.5kg) boneless blade beef pot roast or chuck roast 2 min per side. Place in slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.