Feeling a little chilly? This creamy mild curried chicken is the ultimate comfort food for cold nights. Creamy, fragrant, and luxurious coconut milk and tomato-based curry with notes of cardamom, fennel, and coriander.
Serve with 1 cup steamed green beans or broccoli florets and 1 cup rice.
1 large onion
1 tbsp butter
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) light coconut milk
1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
2 lbs (900 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Dice onion. Place in Multipurpose or Round Steamer with butter and seasoning. Cover; microwave on high 2 min.
- Stir in coconut milk, tomatoes, and chicken. Cover; microwave on high 6–8 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from microwave and stir in yogurt.
- Dice onion. In Sauté Pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until softened.
- Add seasoning, coconut milk, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Cube chicken; add to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 min or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve with rice, if desired.